Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Like a Rollercoaster

We've all ridden a rollercoaster. It's full of ups and downs, twists and turns. And sometimes if you're really adventurous, it'll even hang you upside down. Well that's how my life has been over this past week. You're probably thinking Mike, puhlease, what are you talking about? You're life is easy...Alright, let me begin. Well I'm once again back to living the single life. Jena called it quits last Monday. MNR with pizza or breakup after a year and three months? Guess I took the hard way out on that Monday night! But it's all for the better, I guess. Slowly convincing myself that.

My buddy from high school died the day before. Can't say that I had contact with him after high school, but you can still picture him in your mind from sitting in class together. Sucks, especially when he was a bright kid and a good friend back in the day.

Found out that another good friend of mine is having a ton of trouble at home. Fiance pregnant and leaving him. Wow, is there any turnaround to this week? But thats when the rollercoaster starts to go up after being down for such a long time.

Amazing tacoride. I'm sure that you've all ready about it already. Cody, thanks for riding. Had a great time for our first tacoride of 2012. I really needed it to lift my spirits.


Watch as the GoPro comes off of my head and sinks to the bottom of the waterslide. Whoops!


Rhythm Collective started out the music at Fun Plex

Two guys on banjos, they call themselves Banjo Loco. Actually sound pretty good. I vaguely remember them playing Tool on banjos. 

This kid was a hula hooping freak!

So I couldn't believe that they allow this at the pools (I've heard Thomasville Apts allows this also). Security didn't care. 


Then came the weekend. Memorial Day Weekend that is. What is there to do? The weekend screamed hot left and right. Pool? Why not a water park with your best friend? Jeremy and I spent the entire day on Sunday at Fun Plex. They were having their annual Memorial Day Bash. Why hadn't I heard of this before? Asked as many people we knew to go, but ended up just being us two. $10 in the door gets you access to the water park and five bands throughout the day/night. Best part? 21 and over only meaning it wouldn't be as crowded with families and little ones running everywhere. Heck yeah that's going to be a blast! Pound the PBRs in the parking lot, go in and sit on a tube on the lazy river with a watermelon drink in hand. Twelve hours later, go home. Funny because the only two bands I remember are the first and the last. Rhythm Collective played first, I've heard them before and they are sort of like a rock/reggae band. Good tunes! Spoke to a DJ in between bands and he seemed to know his music. Not gonna lie, I'm not sure he was really spinning. But who am I to judge? People were enjoying his DJing and that's all that matters. The last band I remember was an 80's cover band. They had the outfits and the hair to show for it! Time to make an exit on Thunderstruck by AC/DC.



Lisa, Candy, and Angel doing who knows what. But I'm not complaining.




There was some flashing going on during this game of volleyball by one of the girls. But Jeremy was not distracted. Or was he?




Yup, definitely an 80s hairband!

Then I got a call that night as we're going through the Taco John's drive thru. Mike, they accepted your offer. Offer on what you might ask? House hunting has come to an end! I signed the papers today and inspection will be done with a walkthrough next Monday. It was a battle with the sellers and I'll tell you about it later. Don't want to jinx myself quite yet. But I found a nice house in Bennington. It's not too far from where I'm currently at and it's exactly what I've been looking for. It's plenty of house for just ol' me. Enjoyed my Taco John's and proceeded to walk home from Jeremy's house. That boy was passed out! Who knew that walking two measly miles would take me 45 minutes in flip flops?


With Sunday Funday over, it was time for Funday Monday! Ended up fishing out at Lake Wanahoo for most of the day. If you haven't heard, it's the new lake out by Wahoo. Get it, Wanahoo? Its a pretty big lake, all man made of course. They basically flooded some farm fields. Yup, that's about it. But according to their map, it's as deep as 20-30 feet in some areas. It's a weird sight to see, dead trees in the middle with the water covering more than half the tree. It reminded me alot of Lake Manawa during the flooding.


These were swimming around everywhere!




The fishing was good. I caught three, mostly bluegill and crappie. Jeremy caught some crappies or bluefish and then a walleye. He used leeches, I stuck with my bait of corn and hot doggies. No minnows allowed. Only worms or leeches. Or Bar S in my case. He lost a lot of fish, including his rod and reel into the lake. Funniest thing I've ever seen in my life. Just flew out of his hands. If you know Jeremy, there were three words that came out of his mouth. What the F?! Haha. The family next to us caught an amazing amount of fish, they even borrowed some of the leeches. Not sure what we were doing wrong, we even set our bobbers and all about the height as theirs. There are many areas to fish from out there, will definitely head back out there sometime and try again. They have grills in the ground so we'll have to bring some charcoal and food for lunch next time.
You get alot of this each to you bring your hook in.



End the weekend with a bbq at Jeremy's. Darren, Andy, Jeremy and myself ate some delicious burgers and potatoes. Unfortunately the Celtics got spanked by the Heat. Oh well. I guess its shape up or ship out.

Doing it right! Finishing off the long week with a good bbq with friends.

And there my friend is the end to my crazy week. As the pictures show, it was a crazy good time. Probably one of the most fun weekends I've had in a very long time! Things usually turn out in the long run. Just gotta push through it.


No comments:

Post a Comment