Saturday, May 19, 2012

Do I really need more hobbies?


I've been wanting to fish for a long time. Use to way back in the day when my family owned a boat and we lived in Lincoln. I'm talking pre-1990. So yeah, it's been awhile. I've tossed around the idea for years, just never got around to buying poles. Recently, I was speaking to my friends and both of them had the same idea. So fast forward 1 week and I'm catching fish. Woohoo!
Fish number 1. I didn't even have time to sit down.

Fish number 2

Went out to Standing Bear tonight because it's so close. First fish I caught happened after my first cast. I turned around to put my phone away from the rain, I see my pole moving on my chair and the bobber was gone. Whoa! Fish! Out of the 11 people that I had within sight, I was the only one who caught anything. And then an hour later, I caught ANOTHER! Buddy Todd using fancy bait, nothing. I used frozen Kroger corn from my freezer. Bada bing! He can't believe my luck. Beginners luck I told him. Seriously, it's been so long that I had to watch youtube videos on how to hook my line, where to put the weight, bobber, etc. Even how to cast a spinning reel (I always had a push button closed reel). I'm serious here, BEGINNER! My goal is to buy a rod and reel case that I can strap to the Muk. Then I can bike to SB Lake and fish after work.




No comments:

Post a Comment