Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Remembering 9/11

This post is to remember and honor those who tragically died that one day that we'll forever remember as 9/11. So I don't usually post stuff like this, but it still gives you that weird feeling inside when people talk about 9/11, especially what had happened and where they were at that day. I now know a few folk that were either in the towers or below in the subway when it had happened. Still amazes me as to what had happened and seeing the news footage of what had happened that sad day.


I recently remembered that I still had this ticket from going up to see the observation deck of the Twin Towers. For some reason, I had kept my ticket after being there with friends in 1999/2000 for NYE. It was crammed in a wallet or a pocket or something and I had found it shortly after my trip. Brings back memories of going up the elevator at a super fast speed, where you can actually feel your ears pop as you go up to the higher floors. And the views were spectacular. You could see a lot of the bridges and landmarks of NY and surrounding areas. The weird thing is that I kept this, knowing that somehow it would mean something to me. I guess I didn't know just how much it would end up meaning to me!

The pics were taken on 35mm, I'll have to scan the photos sometime and share them with you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment