Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Long overdue MNR


Finally getting some biking in and I need it! Drank way too much Friday night, all day Saturday, and even Sunday evening. It's like the birthday weekend that never ends! But back to the biking. Sunday I decided that I needed a challenge and a swift kick to the b*lls. So I hit up Lewis and Clark. Wow. I'm out of shape big time! Kind of glad I rode it alone...nobody had to wait up for me because I was taking my time like crazy! Only could handle about 7 miles out there. So Monday night ride rolled around. Why not? Ladies at work took me out to Valentino's buffet today so I was loaded up on carbs.
Biked at L&C yesterday. Farm fields flooded in the background!  

The Devo kids were out and having fun! 

Tranquility Ridgeline ride from DJ Chi Wai on Vimeo.

Met up with Paul, Dave N and P, Chris, and many many others at Tranquility. Omaha Devo was taking place at the same time. Sounds like it turned out to be a great success! It was a nice moment in any mt biker's life to see the little ones learning the ropes on mountain bikes and smiling all the way! They were having fun, the instructors seemed to be having fun, and it was a good feeling to know that something you helped to build and maintain (as in the trails) is being enjoyed by people of all ages on foot and on bike!
Dave N and Paul riding over the humps. I think it's time for a new camera!
Dave P was really really trying to get air! 


TQ north, Dave, Paul, Chris, and Dave from Misterlime on Vimeo.



Tried Chris' latest project: Ridgeline. Good times! It's not easy that is for sure. Steep drop off and it is still a little soft in areas. I guess you just need to have the speed to get over it. Thanks Chris for your hard work on it! Thanks to both Daves for the after ride recovery drink and munchies.

3 comments:

  1. Good ride last night, haven't ever seen that many people at Tranq except for race day. Thanks for documenting our lame attempts at getting air. Thanks Chris for building the ridgeline, it is a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, your coverage, photos, and videos are outstanding Mike.
    Nice job leaving me in the dust the Ridgeline Oldman :-)
    Chris - you are a trailbuilding visionary!
    Great MNR.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOOOOH...big air is FLYING!!! I thought it was BREATHING...or as it is known to me...WHEEZING!

    You guys rock! Thanks for the ride. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Chris' ridge was very cool. Quite a site when the freight train hit it. Thanks for the work and the big ideas, Chris.

    And thanks to Paul for the party room, Dave for the Dale's Ale, and Mike for recording the whole mess!

    ReplyDelete