Wednesday, May 11, 2011

First hot MNR


It's hot out and we dropped it like it was hot! Now think of that annoying Sundrop commercial where the girl is dancing across the screen. Cracks me up! Yesterday's Monday Night Ride was a hot one. Probably the hottest of the year so far. Left work knowing that it was 93 degrees out. Kept hearing from patients that it was humid out also. What a bad combination! Well luckily there was a nice cool breeze to help keep us from overheating. Funny because as Dale and I were riding over to Paul's, we both commented on how it seemed warmer once we hit the pavement in the neighborhood. Probably the heat from the houses, vehicles, and the pavement. Gotta love being on the singletrack!!!


Tranquility Ridgeline-MNR 5/09/11 from DJ Chi Wai on Vimeo.
Here is a video from MNR shot with the Go Pro HD. Lost some quality during the encoding and conversion. Still working on that. I did some editing and added some music so that you don't have to listen to the wind blowing into the mic. But be sure to listen to the very first few seconds or so, it's hilarious what Greg says! It would be a shame to cut it out. Also Paul yelling "Go Mike" at 1:28 gave me some confidence behind the handlebars! Thanks Paul!

One cool thing about the Go Pro is that you can set the camera to continuously take still pictures at 2, 5, 10, 30, and 60 second intervals. You can get some pretty cool POV (point of view) shots as you are going along. No image stabilization, but that is okay. You just let it keep taking pictures and hope for one or two cool shots! For these, I have an attachment to raise the camera up a little bit, then I tilted it down and just so happened I tilted it enough to include my handlebars and hands. Pretty cool! I have a chest harness and a seatpost/handlebar mount ordered. I know that it will still be bumpy (and even more bumpy if it is on my handlebar), but I will try to get some video in the future of the full suspension working it on the trail. And I figured that IF and when I get my snowbike, that I'll get some fat tired action on the snowpacked trail. I'm all about the planning ahead! Like I said, still learning how to use this little camera. Expect a lot more pictures and videos this summer!
Riding along the creek section 

There were a good number of us on the ride yesterday, I'd say a little over a dozen? Once again, I biked there from home and met up with the guys. We did a full lap including the long trail heading up to the new north section. Nothing more embarrassing than hearing the fart noise as your rear tire gets caught on the ATV tracks and the rear half of your bike just slides sideways on the rut! Brrrppp...brrrrppp...brrrrpppp!!!


I'm glad that the log crossing on the north section is back up and running. I have a clue as to who fixed it, thanks! 

Omaha Devo was out and in full force again. Gotta love the little ones on the mountain bikes! Thanks to Paul for hosting afterhours. Good luck to those who found cracks on their bike frames (two were discovered during MNR and one a few weeks before), and to those who had their bike fall off of their bike rack and onto Fort Street. Hopefully you guys cure your bike troubles soon!

Following Greg and Paul up the inner loop 


Kind of a cool shot of Greg and I passing under the Fort Street bridge 

No comments:

Post a Comment