Sunday, May 8, 2011

Sticking calipers on Avid Juicy 5s

Annoyed as all get out right now because a sticking caliper is preventing me from hitting the trails today! Simple change of the brake pads was my intention yesterday afternoon. I know the Avids self adjust and I think that was my problem. Even after pushing the caliper all the way back in (using a box wrench), there still isn't enough clearance between the rotor and the pads.

With pads out, I've noticed that one caliper retracts very slowly and not all the way back in. Don't want to go as far as having to bleed the lines because I've heard the Avid bleed kit can be pricey. Gonna try to use some brake cleaner first to get rid of the dirt around the seal. Any other suggestions?

p.s. Fixed!!! Still might bleed the lines one of these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment