Thursday, May 26, 2011

Bring yer bug spray!


Tranquility was biting! Or at least the bugs were. I considered doing the TacoRide after work, beautiful night for it. But my light wasn't charged or anything. Instead, I decided to head out to Tranquility and play around with the Go Pro attachments. I've been watching too many Mukluk videos online and I want to do as they do.

Here is a video of the rear suspension at work. It was the first time hopping on the Trek since last Sunday's pavement ride. How cushy it is to ride on a full suspension! As you'll see on the video below, riding full suspension is like sitting on a Lazy Boy while on the trail. Soaking up the bumps!!! The Go Pro was seatpost mounted for this video.

Suspension at work! from DJ Chi Wai on Vimeo.


Dale reported on the Facebook THOR trail group that TQ was good to go minus a few watery spots. If you aren't on the THOR group for facebook, join it! You'll get trail updates, trailday dates, event listings, etc. Thanks Dale for the heads up whether Tranquility was in decent shape or not!

I finally cracked open the packaging for the seatpost/handlebar mount for the Go Pro. It was my goal to catch the suspension at work, get some crazy bike angles, etc. Well first thing I noticed after putting the camera near the rear hub was that I was kicking the camera occasionally. So I got the connectors out and made the camera stick out and back just to get it to work (forgot to take a picture of this). But still, with the massive air that I was getting at Tranquility, the camera was still moving and would end up in the wrong position. I'll give it another try this weekdn if the weather cooperates.

1 comment:

  1. I like that 'down the seat post view' video. Looks like your suspension it doing it's job even on the old smooth north creek part of the trail. Cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete