Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Do you blot your pizza?

Okay, I must admit that I've always made fun of people for blotting paper napkins on their pizza. Sure they are picking up the grease and all, but come on. That is what pizza is all about, right? But now, I'm gonna bite my lip after reading this tweet from Men's Health!

"Dave Zinczenko by MensHealthMag
PIZZA SECRET: Blot the grease on your pizza w/ your napkin to save a teaspoon of fat (nearly 5 grams) per slice!"

Alright, this is huge considering we all sit down and can eat 3-4 slices easily. I usually try to buy fat free if not low fat foods most of the time. But when it comes to pizza, I'm game for the high fat variety! Cheese, pepperoni, sausage, ham, etc (Paul, I still need to try the sliced meatballs). But then again, take a look at today's lunch that I got from Bag N' Save. Yeah, one order of large nachos devoured at lunch. Time to put my brand new running shoes to use!
Mmmm....nachos... 

1 comment:

  1. I'm surprised I haven't seen you at Bag N' Save on a Tuesday. I usually get the chicken enchilada. Those ladies behind the counter know how to pack a lunch!

    That tweeter you speak of needs to switch to sliced meatballs instead of pepper-grease-a-roni.

    Speaking of food are there any thoughts of riding for taco's tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete