Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A great Mayday bday!


A little late, but last week was a super long week. Birthdays usually come and go, but this one seemed to drag on forever. But nothing wrong with that! Friday we went to Stir and listened to the 9's play. I've never heard of them, but I would best describe them as a rock/blues/funk type band from Omaha. Maybe a little bit like Maroon 5 type? Afterwards, we hit up downtown and went to Havana Garage, Barry O's, and Nomad. Nomad tried to pull off a royal wedding party. Yeah, luckily the hype was over by the time we got there.


Saturday was a VERY long day. I had bought tickets for the Creighton/Bradley game off of the LivingSocial deal of the day. Heck, two CU baseball tix for $10? Can't beat that! And I wanted to see the new stadium, which is very nice if you haven't been yet. Well then popped up the Groupon special for the Beer Extravaganza in Elkhorn. Nobody had heard of it, but supposedly it was a fundraiser for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (which is funny because I didn't see anything out there about it, more about HyVee sponsoring it). So Jena and I said why not? We get there and there were a ton of people in there along with probably about 30 different beer vendors from around the midwest/rockies. I was in beer heaven! You know how HyVee has those beers that look fancy pants with nice colorful labels and expensive price tags? Yeah, well most of those vendors were in there promoting their drinky. Also more common labels such as Leinenkugel, Empyrean, Sam Adams, Mike's, etc were there with some new summer brews for you to try. Okay, so if you have never been to a wine/beer tasting, you need to understand that you will consume a lot of liquids in a short amount of time. Yes, they only give you a small sample. But you keep getting sample after sample of 5-10% Alc beers while going around the room. And the vendors didn't care if you tried one or all of their products one after another. In the 3 hours that we were there, we had only made it around the room once! So we picked and chose our favorites at the end and made our way back for more. HyVee was also grilling up brats which helped to fill the stomach. Beer extravaganza was fun, hit up the game afterwards, then out to Upstream with some friends to shoot some pool.
Blue Moon with their new summer honey wheat which was really good!

 Leine had their summer shandy, beer made with lemonade. It was okay in my mind. Don't think I would ever buy it.
Boulder Beer had some good stuff!
Is the fancy packaging enough to get you to try their beers?
 Brats and beer go hand and hand!

TD Ameritrade Park. Creighton vs Bradley


 Don't let the lemon and cherry fool you! It was a Maker's Mark Manhattan. And this was probably my 10th hour of drinking that day. Hmm...maybe that is why I was sucking so bad when I hit Lewis and Clark the next day!
Sometimes even getting to the bottom can be a struggle. But I think the biking helped me to sweat out the alcohol from my system. 

But just when I though the bday weekend is over, Jeremy and I start back up on the drinks! Pomengranate Mojitos at Cantina Laredo. Don't bother. We switched back to the Dos XX afterwards. Plus it looked a little funny with two guys drinking those pink drinks at the bar.  

Sunday, Jeremy and other Jenna and I hit up Cantino Laredo for some dinner and drinks. Osama Bin Laden killed on my birthday! The following Wednesday, got a few presents in the mail and Thursday the "moms at work" threw a late bday lunch for me. Good times! Thanks everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment