Wednesday, January 18, 2012

"Are those tires real?"


Temps were warm, it was sunny, and I had nothing else going on last Sunday. Why not go for a ride? The wind was almost strong enough to make me rethink my decision, but a ride on the Big Papio proved to be a good idea. I started off at Hefflinger Park by Blondo and rode out to the shooting range by Harrison. Lots of interesting things to see and hear.

This creek almost looked like a watercolor painting with the way the sun was setting. 

I was passing some riff raff on skateboards at Seymour Smith Park. All I heard was, "HOLY SH*T, look at those tires." A minute earlier, I had tried helping a girl with her disc brakes that were rubbing. I rode off after an unsuccessful attempt and she was then questioned by the kids. When she caught up to me at the intersection, she told me that they were asking if my tires were real. We both laughed.

Birds everywhere on the powerlines

It's getting there. As I rode by, I wondered about the windows that would be going up. No pattern at all to them. Just staggered here and there like a kid piecing together Legos. Check out the windows next time and see what I mean. 
The new Victoria's Secret ad campaign. Instead of putting the word Pink on girl's butts of sweatpants, why not put it on industrial buildings?


This team bus cracks me up



I hung around the skatepark for a little bit. Pretty cool watching the skateboarders and bmx riders hit the pipes. Grinds, ollies, kickflips, you name it. They were doing it. I think it would be cool to get my big camera out there. But then again, I don't want to be that creepy old guy taking pics of kids at the park. No need to relive my moment at the IA State Fair where I was mistakingly identified by the state patrol! Anyway, I really wanted to ride the Muk up and down that skate park. Just to see what it would be like. But I didn't. Maybe next time!
This kid tried over and over to land a sequence of tricks. Never did see him complete it.

I just noticed the kid in red jumping, my goal was to get the kid pumping the wheelie across the top of the turn. 

Tailwind on the way home made for a fast ride back. Stopped to take a few pics, just to break up the monotony of a 10 mile ride back to Blondo. I like the warmer weather, but yet at the same time I can't wait for it to snow again. Carry on Mother Nature!



The same graffiti that I saw at Standing Bear

No comments:

Post a Comment