Sunday, November 6, 2011

Mukluk comes to a stop


I thought my bike was unstoppable. A leafy covered tower climb at Calvin Crest? No problem. Made it through three times with just a little bit of tire spin over the leaves. The wider tires running with a medium pressure are awesome for traction. I really can't wait to try it in the snow. After our second time through the tower climb yesterday, it was my turn to lead up to the tower and through the crazy S curves. I took off with Chris in tow. I saw the trail ahead, aimed for it. After about five seconds, I realized that I was off of the trail. I think I even said something to Chris, Dave N, and Dale. Turns out that I was heading towards the walking trail on the other side of the tower. Next thing I know, my front tire was in a hole with a root covering the lip of the hole. I started to endo!



I guess the Mukluk can be stopped! from Misterlime on Vimeo.




I was still pedaling as my rear tire lifted up in the air! Eventually, the rear end came down and I landed on my side. Whew. Of course, it was more funny than anything. Chris would agree.





Calvin Crest is leafy like crazy. The walnuts and acorns are gone (or at least covered by leaves) as are the spiderwebs. That trail is fun as ever. Glad I got out there and decided to skip watching the NU game.



Leaves everywhere!




Up the tower climb on the Mukluk from Misterlime on Vimeo.




One of the best parts of the ride! from DJ Chi Wai on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment