Sunday, November 20, 2011

A cold and ****y ride


You're wondering what goes in those four spaces. Well luckily it wasn't snowy. But it was windy instead. After the disappointing Husker loss, I decided to head out for a ride. I had checked the forecast early in the morning and saw that temps would be dropping from 40s down to 30s throughout the day. Great...just what I needed. My phone said that it was 32 degrees out, but with the windchill, the "Real Feel" was 14. Holy coldness Batman!

Nobody else was out at Tranquility except for a red car in the parking lot. The guy's bike was off of the car and he was sitting in his car. Possibly trying to warm up. I rode the north side, circled back around by the kiosk and he was still sitting in his car. Finally as I headed towards road I saw that he had finally gotten on his bike. I did a truncated lap and headed home.
Just me trying to keep warm


I got to test out the new shoe covers and they work wonders. Wish I would have bought some years ago. Wool socks plus shoe covers equals warm toes. I had the ATV mitts with me but I just kept them in my Camelback. I'll try them out next time.
I had brought my other bike computer to check the temp. This was the temp after being in my pocket

It was a cold and windy day. The trail had this desolate feeling

Somehow I thought this was amusing on my way home. Maybe the cold had gotten to my senses.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got out on that cold day. Like the desolate pic too - lighting, brown grass, no leaves, stark power lines. Doesn't look like Omaha - nice to see and hear little civilization on rides; maybe post apocolyptic feel if some scorched earth from grass burn was there, or maybe feel already there. Nice when the little things noticed in life make one smile - bags could be metaphor for many things.

    ReplyDelete