Monday, November 14, 2011

A bloody MNR!


It was my goal this past weekend to experiment with the GoPro on a tripod along the trail. But sleep prevailed and I ended up at the Psycowpath banquet. You know, you just might see me out there in 2012 racing again. on the Mukluk or on the Trek Fuel. It's anyone's guess.

At the Pyscowpath Banquet at Platte


So anyway, the GoPro was fully charged and I still had the Muk-Rack on my bike. I did a simple attachment of the camera to the top of the rack using the helmet mount that I have. It was a little wobbly, but I was already running late to MNR so I said good enough.

The GoPro must have a fixed shutter speed and aperture. Because no matter how much light was directed towards the lens, it still picked up the same amount of movement and exposure length. Yup, just checked, for you camera geeks out there the aperture is a max f3.6, 1/2 second exposure. Anyway, what is really cool about the camera is that you never know what kind of an image that you're gonna get. I actually like to use it more for the photography than the video. But then again, that was my goal this past weekend. To experiment with the video.

I met up with the gang as they were finishing up the South Hill. We then proceeded to ride both north sections backwards in the dark. There is this really odd feeling as your instinct tells you that you are riding a certain part of the trail and it should be a climb going backwards, but instead it seems that you are going downhill instead. The trail is smooth and perfect. No dust whatsoever.
Night time photography yields some interesting results

Unfortunately there was an accident on the trail tonight. I believe that it is the same log that Mike F broke his chain and then endoed a few weeks ago. This time, it was Paul who ended up face planting on the log. He misjudged the distance of the log and went down. He cut up his left brow pretty bad. Fortunately, besides the bleeding, Paul said he was alright and we rode back to the kiosk. Kids and adults... always wear your helmet and sunglasses or safety glasses. Paul said that he was poster child of wearing a helmet tonight and I have the feeling that the safety glasses saved his eye from hitting the log.

Ouch, Paul faceplants on the log crossing! from Misterlime on Vimeo.


1 comment:

  1. My left eye looks nasty. I should probably wear a pirate patch over it today.

    ReplyDelete