Tuesday, October 19, 2010

It was a busy weekend!


Huskers lost, got some riding in at Calvin Crest, Halloween party/out until 5am, then out to take some pictures on Sunday at the lake.

Paul handles the log crossing with ease... 

Cody pushing his way through



Todd, Cody, Cody's friend Brian, Paul, Dave N and I made it out to Calvin Crest to get 2-3 laps in last Saturday around noon. Dale was also out walking the trail looking for some new trail ideas. I'd say that place is getting packed down, but then again I ate the dirt when I slid out at a certain section. Yes, now my fourth time falling recently? Man, I lost count. This time my tires were properly inflated, so it was just the loose dirt that caught me off guard on the third lap. Before the ride I checked the Tubeless Race Kings. I had 20 psi in the rear, and ONLY 10 psi in the front. Yikes! No wonder why my bike felt like ice skates the past few rides. Anyway, great ride fellas! Can't wait to do it again!
Last lap, we cleared some branches and low hanging tree limbs of the trail 



----------------------
My coworker decided to have her Halloween party a few weeks early. Fun time yes. Hell of a party, yes. You know the party is good when there are shots involved, beer pong, a hole punched in the garage wall (on accident), a fight over women in the living room turned dance floor, and the grand finale...a guy dressed as a hippy passes out on the couch, only to wake up and find out that he pissed himself. lol. Don't get me wrong, these are all decent people and not huge party troublemaker types of people. So maybe I'll just call them amateurs...

Yes, I was a Chinese takeout container. Enjoy the spicy Chinese! 

Coworkers and I 

I almost got the Gumby costume, would have been awkward! Like wearing the same shirt as someone else to school


I absolutely hate doing shots



 Beerpong champs!
Kate was hungry!
Steph and I




Tony the Tiger mug. Heck yeah!

Just like the 10 psi I had in my Trek's front tire! How ironic. 

---------------------------
Sunday was my day for some photography. Finally went to bed around 5am, so I got a really late start to the day. Took some pictures around sunset and used the bracket mode on my DSLR to output some HDR images. HDR stands for High Dynamic Range, which basically means you under/over/properly expose the exact same image and combine the three to give you a super wide range of lighting. This was my first attempt at the hdr imaging, so I'm still learning what works and doesn't. How you process and set the ranges is up to you, giving you a very wide range of effects and looks. Here's a link to some really good examples of what I'm talking about. Like I said, sometimes they almost look fake, beyond what a picture should look like. It is up to you how much you wish to manipulate the photo.





1 comment:

  1. Great photos Mike. Thanks! We need to keep taking advantage of this great weather while we can. I'm riding Tranquility at 6:30 tonight.

    ReplyDelete