Monday, November 2, 2009

Quite a good turnout of ten riders for the MNR

"Why are there these huge branches on the trail?" That was the question running through my mind as I made my way through them. I hear some chuckles behind me and both Paul and Dave point out the fact that I missed the turn on the trail. Tonight's Monday Night Ride was a completely dark trek through Tranquility due to daylight savings. To add to that, we rode the entire trail backwards! Quite an experience, it was like finding that brand new trail in your neighborhood.





Todd, Patty, Krista, Caryn and I started with a quick lap while there was still some daylight. Then met up with the MNR crew to do a lap backwards. The crew then pedaled on to do another half lap through the north side of the trail. Pretty cool sight to see a connect-the-dot like row of lights meander their way through the trees.

*photos courtesy of Krista*

2 comments:

  1. Funny, I could hear branches crunching. I thought it was an animal was smashing through the trees by Fort Street.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a fun ride, good call going backwards! Maybe you could help Chris blaze some new trails. Heard you honking on the way out.

    ReplyDelete