Monday, November 9, 2009

MNR 11-09-09


We had a h-OWL-ing good ride tonight. The ride consisted of Dave,Greg,Brian, Craig and myself. The ride was a little shorthanded as a few people were at the IMBA meeting or working late... Mike and Cory!! Along the way Greg saw an owl up in a tree, Brian saw one just off the trail path and Dave got ambushed by one, as if the night time riding wasn't hard enough. We did almost 2 laps tonight, I was not in tip-top shape as I had not eaten anything since lunch. I expressed this to Dave at the end of the ride, he said go home and eat something good... well to my delightful surprise I get home and open the door, the aroma of steak was in the air. My beautiful wife had surprised me and made a steak dinner. Now tell me does it get any better? a ride with some friends and a steak dinner with the family after.


On a side note the movie "Race Across The Sky" Leadville 100, is having an encore presentation Thursday night at 7P.m. Mike, Cory and myself are planning on attending since last time we went, the movie theater had "technical difficulties"

3 comments:

  1. I guess I'll have to comment again. weird it is gone. Anyway, first a bird attacks my helmet at Tranquility? Now a pack of owls are after you guys? Just watch out for those skunks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That ride was a HOOT! even though when I got home my wife was kind of OWLY. She had chicken pasta on the stove and it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ride and good time. It would be great if the weather stayed mild all winter.

    ReplyDelete