Thursday, December 15, 2011

Snowbiking video is DONE

This video is the first of many to come. It was filmed on December 3rd at Tranquility Park after we got 6 inches of snow on the ground. Temps were perfect, about 28 degrees. The snow was powdery, but still easy to ride in (once we broke in the trail).

Video was all shot in 1080p hi def using a GoPro and a Canon Elph HS300. If the video looks of low quality, change the resolution setting on youtube to 720p or 1080p. Some still photos are inserted and one of the pics of me on my Mukluk was taken by Paul. There is sound, music, a little surprise at the very end of the clip. Day two and three will come eventually and should be of better quality. Skies were blue and I learned from my mistake of the bouncing GoPro on a gorillapod tripod on the back of the bike rack

It took me about four nights to get all of the video arranged, edited, and picked out to my liking. Then it took me two nights to figure out how to render it all using Sony Vegas. I kept getting an error at 30% through and it would say unable to render due to unknown reasons. It was really making me angry. After looking online, it sounds like a lot of people have the same problem. But it was usually due to memory issues. My Dell has 8gb RAM, 2gb video card, and about 700gb of free space on the hd so I doubted it was my computer. The fix? Render the video in sections, then do one final render of all the sections at the end. Turns out that the program was having problems with rendering mixed media such as still photos and video. Anyway, it is done. Kind of a nightmare, but it turned out pretty good IMO. This was my first time doing a video of this nature. Enjoy, and let me know what you think.

If the blog chops the edges of the video, here is the actual link to the youtube.

http://youtu.be/tBfBNRHrmnA

No comments:

Post a Comment