Sunday, October 30, 2011

Go Pro meets Mukluk 2


I went back out to Tranquility today with really only one goal in mind. I had my Go Pro mounted to the Enabler fork and wanted to try out some video. The video doesn't seem quite as choppy or bumpy since the bike is so called full rigid. I guess full suspension really magnifies the bumps on camera. I also used as few Go Pro extensions as possible, seems to have helped. I have the fatties probably running about 15 psi as of right now. Probably let some more air out tomorrow night to see how it affects the ride.


Mukluk2 and pre-Ridgeline from Misterlime on Vimeo.

The first video had the camera mounted as centered as possible on the fork. I thought I would try a little bit of a different angle on the second video. I moved it down the fork a little bit more, was hoping to get the side of the tire. But unfortunately all this did was slant the camera. Maybe next time I'll try it at the same level as the front hub. Gotta figure it all out before the snow hits! Anyway, the videos are kinda cool. In the first one, the tire tread almost looks stationary with the tread staying in the same place. Almost looks like an old movie where they throw in the background with a movie and the actors are stationary in the front of the movie screen. That was the first thing that came to my mind when watching the first movie. The second clip, I was going a little bit faster. Definitely more comfortable riding that hill top area. It's not too bad riders. Just do it.


Take two! from Misterlime on Vimeo.

When I got to the top of the south hill, I met up with two riders who were coming out of the ice rink loop. Turns out that one of the guys knew me by first name, actually checks out this blog! How cool is that? Nice to have met you guys. Hope you guys had a good rest of the ride and thanks for reading!

Hello there!


The temps were dropping and the wind was picking up. Did about two loops on the south hill before heading home. Our warms days are coming to an end. Get out there and ride before the white fluffy hits.

No comments:

Post a Comment