Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tonight's Monday night ride


Woowee it was a hot one tonight!!! The arms were dripping with sweat and the bug spray was wearing off. In Paul's case, the sweat was in his eyes and his sunglasses were making it harder to see. Miraculously, I don't think I got a single bug bite tonight. This being wonderful because yesterday, my left foot got about 7 mosquito bites while taking pics at the Tranquility XC race. Try to find some shade from the heat and it just comes back to bite you, literally!

It was a much much smaller group tonight. Greg, Paul, Brian, Dale, and myself rode a quick lap around Tranquility. I wasn't sure if the trail would be ridable due to the rain that we got last night. But it wasn't too bad. Branches and just remnants of this past weekend's race were to be found.  Lots of fallen branches, which the guys stopped and moved out of the way. Handlebar grip here, the other one there. Empty gel packets littered one section of the trail, and then there was a dropped waterbottle like a fallen soldier left behind in a field. Tonight's ride was good, I needed to get out on the bike. Thanks guys for meeting up and entertaining me on a hot and muggy evening. Also, thanks for the pitstop at your house Paul!

No comments:

Post a Comment