Saturday, July 23, 2011

The cool cars

It seems that I have too many projects going on and not enough time to actually get around to them. Still processing photos from Des Moines (Jonesfest II), the 311 and Sublime with Rome concert, and a number of other things. I'm slowly getting them done so stay tuned!


Anyway, most of you who know me know that I always have a camera on me. Whether it is at the bars/clubs, concert, bike trails, and when I travel. I tend to do a lot of driving when it comes to traveling to my parents' place in MI and I've learned to keep a camera readily available for any sweet snapshot that may present itself. Safe? Nope. But it keeps the boredom away during the 600 mile drive. And along that drive, I often come across many cool cars on the highway. Some not so cool, as you'll see below. What's cool about these classic cars is that they actually get driven! Not stored away for car shows only. People make them into drivers for a nice evening drive, or to get mexican food!!!

I saw this beauty approaching me on Maple Street after I made the 600 mile drive from MI. Check out the sidepipes!


It's a Yugo!




 Saw this at the world's largest truckstop. Air conditioning anyone? Powered by a generator in the bed of the pickup

 This was at Standing Bear one night

At Alvaradoes on 90th. The owner was inside eating so I didn't want to be too nosy taking pics of the car. So I did some incognito work with my phone 

No comments:

Post a Comment