Thursday, June 24, 2010

Ponca's Revenge XC last weekend


Having not ridden dirt in awhile (thanks to mother nature), I wasn't really feeling the need to race last Saturday up at Ponca State Park. Many friends were driving up and I figured it would be a great chance to practice my photography skills so I said why not? Leaving before 6am on a Saturday was not my idea of fun, but you gotta do what you gotta do! Heck, I wasn't driving and I wasn't racing so what did I care?
Both Alex and Todd so close to 1st place! 

Todd making his way up the first tough climb 

One important bit of knowledge I learned from the race? Know the course before the racers start! I got myself into position on the trail before the Marathon class and Cat 3 racers were set to go through. Got my beginning race photos, ready to get some more. I walk back out to the road not knowing which direction to go! I walked 20 minutes in the wrong direction, finally asked someone where the finish was. They said down by the pool. Ahhh...so I booked it to the other end of the course and managed to get some race finishing shots in. Lesson learned!

Dave with the thumbs up before crossing the finish line 

Anyway, the trail looked great and the climbs were hard. Congrats to all who put the effort in to race that beautiful Saturday. Todd finished 3rd in Cat 3 open WITH a rear flat tire, while Alex placed 2nd in Cat 3 35+. Good job fellas! Check out the results of friends here at Team Spokehole and all results here at Psycowpath.
Todd and Alex moving some air into the tires 

Dale on his trusty Mary 


No comments:

Post a Comment