Thursday, April 1, 2010

The cupcakes made me do it!

This has been one of those weeks...missed my photography club meeting because of late surgeries, then proceeded to get lost due to construction which only exacerbated the situation. In the end I also missed a chance to ride Tuesday night.

Ahh...but finally last night I was able to squeeze in two laps at Tranquility. I'm usually a pretty slow rider and am always finding excuses to stop and take a break. But last night, I flew threw two laps at Tranquility without making a single stop, probably my fastest times ever! Wasn't even tired at the end and was ready to go for more. I considered doing lap #3 but it was getting dark, even with Stella to guide my way.

Still a little muddy and wet in the same problem areas as before. This beautiful sun and 80 degree temps will hopefully change all that. I'm not even going to speak of the rain that is forecasted for my day off tomorrow!
Maybe it was the sugar rush from my supervisor's awesome Easter cupcake I had before leaving work? Maybe it was the natural high of finally biking in beautiful weather? Or maybe it was the fact that I've been hitting legs pretty heavy every week in the gym. Whatever the cause, I hope that strength and stamina finds me in every trail ride this year! Happy Easter everyone, I will probably see you guys at the time trials this Saturday at Jewell (maybe behind the handlebars or the lens of my camera).

I think we all need chocolate cupcakes with peeps to fuel our rides!

No comments:

Post a Comment