Monday, January 4, 2010

Todd's 2009 Highlights:

Back in April I was "told" that I was going to compete in a Sprint Triathlon by Cory, at first I was like heck ya - I'm in decent shape and always up for a challenge. Then reality set in... I don't have a bike, haven't swam EVER for any distance and I hate running. I proceeded to buy a entry level Trek bike and joined 24hr fitness and away we go. Along with this I was also introduced to Adventure Racing, which is a great time, usually a team of 3 that do various tasks (biking,running,water) and compete against other teams for best time. This was going to be a busy spring and summer, here are a few highlights:

-Adventure racing in Omaha, Kearney, Platte River State Park with Cory,Caryn,myself
-2 man competitive volleyball tournaments in Omaha, Lincoln and Gretna
-Mountain Biking - Tranquility, Swanson,Jewell, Platte,Manawa, Lewis & Clark & Calvin Crest
-Competed in Sprint Triathlon - Branched Oak Malcolm, NE finished 51,52 Cory and I finished together.
-Attended Big Wheeled Ballyhoo with Mike (DJ) great time, vacation cut short cuz of 6-8 in snow.
-Psycowpath Lake Manawa Race - raced Cat 3 Open finished 4th - FIRST RACE
-Went to KC to watch my Cowboys play and win it OT with my father-in-law
-Worked with THOR at Calvin Crest to help build a new mtb trail

2010 is looking to just a chaotic, looking forward to more adventure racing, volleyball, and definitely mountain biking. Cory myself and Brian (another person Cory and I have recruited) are gonna do the Sprint Triathlon again this year on August 15.
All this would not be possible without the support of my family, Thanks!

Along this journey I have met a lot of new friends Dave N, Paul, Greg, MG, Chris P, Chris S, Dale, guys from Bike Masters, THOR, Jim Craig from Angrycowadventures, and also got back in touch with an old friends Mike (DJ) and Dave (owner/head floorsweeper) at Redstone Cyclery in Lyons, CO. I just want to say thank you to everyone and look forward to seeing everyone in 2010.

3 comments:

  1. Todd, glad to be a part of your life! Crazy how we went from weekend warriors at the clubs to weekend warriors on the trails! We have definitely met a lot of new faces this year.And you can tell they are the type of people that we'll keep in contact with for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was good to meet you guys too, we had a lot of fun riding last year, 2010 will be even better! Great job at Manawa in your 1st race, Cat 2 in 2011? Don't forget to add Trek up the Tower to your list of things to do in 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dave, yes 2010 is going to be a great year for all of us. I signed up for the Trek up the Tower yesterday so I'm good to go.

    ReplyDelete