Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Another new toy...

Look Ma, no hands! Or wheels for that matter. So I've come to the conclusion that I need to ride something year round. Bike when warm, snowboard when cold and snowy. How many times have I rented skis or snowboards for at least $20 a day? Too many times. They barely fit, edges are rough or worn (as Dave found out as he nearly ended up in the trees), and no wax. Where's the wax?

I started looking at the local chain sporting goods stores. Was thinking I would just do an entry level board. Heck, we live in NE. How many times will I get to use this thing in a year? Was pretty set on a Burton Clash, good all around entry level board. Then I went to Canfield's tonight and found all boards, bindings, and boots at 50% off and another 20% off if buying all three! Deal! Ended up buying a Burton Custom ICS with channel, protips, and triax fiberglass. Pretty sweet board. They were clearing out their stock for the season and I got the last board, last boot, and last binding that fit me and the board. Unfortunately, the only binding they had was this crazy colored Cartel EST (as you'll see in the pics below) and the upgraded boots were 1985 Michael Jordan colors. But, the price was right and it actually looks okay all put together. Best thing yet? This higher line snowboard package emptied my wallet less than the entry level package would have, even after tax. So, looks like I'll be making another few trips out to Mt. Crescent and hopefully Colorado before the snow is gone. Ride on!

Yes, you're allowed to laugh at the color combo that I have going on!

No comments:

Post a Comment