Sunday, January 31, 2010

Getting shot at, walking through three feet of snow...

All in a days bike ride. Or at least today anyway. Todd and I decided to make it out and get some pedaling in. Layers of socks, check. Double gloves, check. Four layers of clothing on, check. Bullet proof vest...what the?

We started at the doggy park by Heflinger Park and biked the Big Papio trail until well past L Street. We had just passed a jogger by Center Street when I heard a hydraulic sound, like a hiss of air. I asked Todd if he heard it and he said that something had hit his shoe. I looked over across the creek and I see a couple of kids sneaking through the pine trees about 100yds away. I see them peeking out at us, so I yell, "We know you guys did it!" I point at them and I see them take a few steps back into the trees. Pretty sure it was just a BB gun, pretty harmless but still it took us by surprise.
 
This photo of my friend Julie is only being used for representation of somebody holding a Daisy Red Ryder. 

The Big Papio trail is pretty clear for the most part. Some icy sections below the bridges, some snow/ice sections here and there, but not too bad. Funny how I can workout five days a week in the gym, but a 12 mile paved bike ride just wears me out and makes me realize how out of shape I am. Call it a reality check before the biking season sneaks up on us!

5 comments:

  1. Nice pic addition. Still can't believe I got shot at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe we need to be packin heat next time we venture that way. Heat to keep your hands and feet warm that is! Julie got a kick out of the blog entry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you didn't get your eye shot out. Little Sh!tz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So if they aren't yelling at us bikers to get off the road, they are shooting at us on the trail. Fasinating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tubeless tires or not, if they would have shot and popped one of our tires, I would have been pretty upset. A six mile walk back to the car in 24 degree weather would not have been fun.

    ReplyDelete