Saturday, January 2, 2010

No smoking...at rest areas?


I admit that I have never smoked in my life. Not even a puff on a cigar or cigarette. So to me, the whole smoking ban is great (no offense to you smokers out there). But while traveling to Michigan, I came across this sign at an Iowa rest area and thought that it had gone a little too far. Maybe it was for cigarette butts being left as litter throughout the rest area? Beats me.

The drive through Indiana was terrible. It had rained all day that Wednesday with temps hovering around 34. Once I got to Indiana on I80/I94, the temps had dropped and the road was very icy. Cars were sliding into ditches everywhere, even the state patrol was in the ditch (wish I had a picture of that)! I've never driven so slow on the interstate, we were literally travelling 30mph and I still didn't feel safe. I could feel my car sliding on the road, but thank goodness for my new tires and brakes. 

The pump was covered in ice in Davenport, Iowa


So being the idiot I am, instead of two hands on the steering wheel in icy conditions, I'm taking pictures of my speedometer!

No comments:

Post a Comment