Tuesday, July 22, 2014

A slow and hot MNR




Yowser it was a hot one yesterday. Its been a weird summer with temps in the 70s and 80s over the past few months. And then welcome to 96 degrees! Its a Monday. Crap! Time to go ride!




I missed the group by about 20 minutes but saw them coming back on the return route from NoFo side. Should I join them or just go at my own easy pace. My own pace is what I chose. It was hot. I stopped to drink my water. Stopped to take pics. I think even the animals and insects knew it was hot because they were slow moving too. Bunnies galore not moving off the trail, butterflies waiting till the last second to fly away. Everything was trying to beat the heat.


Sometimes going slow is a good thing. It opens up your senses to whats around you. The car with the bass attack going up Fort Street. The purple flowers just before the Fort Street loop. The branches that need to be removed and the grass/weeds that need to be trimmed also presented themselves to me. Consider this my nature walk. Its these times that you realize either how smooth your bike is rolling or if its making the squeaks and the rattles.


Fun times. Paul was a sick boy so we stopped over at Chris' place afterwards. Thank Dale for the Apple cider. Was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment