Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Dirt in your mouth type of ride...

Tonight's MNR gave us dirt in our mouths. Not only from the dust causing me to find sand or dirt in my mouth throughout the ride, but also from new fellow fatbiker (not going to name names) going over the bars on the way to the kiosk. Yeah, before the ride really even started. OUCH! But he continued on...like a real mt biker would. First MNR of 2013 heck yeah!




Temps dropped quickly, not that it was warm to start with. I left work and it was 37, but sunny. How do you dress for a ride like this? I could feel the winds blowing in my driveway as I loaded the bike. Dress too much or not enough? I get to Tranqility and its almost bone dry in sections. Riders were in shorts, short sleeves, and here I am in two layers of thermals, wool socks and my slightly wind breaking coat. Granted I was pretty sick last week and I even questioned my non medical degree training if I should even be out in the first place. Hell, first MNR. How can I miss that?

Brian's new form of riding. Either that or he was pushing off the ground really really hard like a skateboard!


And we rode...rode the entire Tranquility trail and it was spectacular! Miss the Ridgeline, speaking of... Thanks to all the hard work that has already been put into the the trail. Addiction made to the Ridgeline, I almost made it up, but as I saw the front wheel skip and hop back and forth from side to side, I decided to put my foot down. The actual ridgeline has been improved with it being a little smoother sailing on top. New runoffs are in. A small section has been bypassed to help with the erosion on the climb to the humps. I think some trees were trimmed last weekend. Thanks to all who have helped.


I'm glad that there is a skateboard grind rail in place. It is now much much safer to ride this contraption!




Oh yeah. Miss actually getting to pedal up to speed on the trail. Don't get me wrong, the snow riding has been fun. But not having snowmobile groomed trails in this area makes it really hard to really cover much distance. I can be out all afternoon at Tranquility riding in six inches of slowly packing snow, only to get home and realize I rode a total of 3-5 miles. Yeah that's it! But hey, being on a bike is being on a bike. Whether its on a trainer, on pavement, snow, dirt, you name it. There's a reason why we enjoy doing what we do. Until next Monday, keep on riding!

No comments:

Post a Comment