Friday, November 30, 2012

My new truck


Yeah, its not what you think. This is scaled down...1/10 scale actually. Its a Traxxas Slash VXL 4X4, got it a couple of weeks ago. Way back when I was a wee little one, my dad and I built this huge monster truck called the Kyosho Big Boss truck. Still have it actually. Well for whatever reason, I've been wanting to get back into it ever since helping Greg move a couple of years ago and seeing his big boy toys. Then talking to Paul and how he still has some of his vehicles. Oh boy...the internet is a dangerous place to do your research!




These trucks have come a long way since I last drove one. Brushless electric motors, 45-60+ mph out of the box, ready to run, LiPo batteries that have to be charged and kept at certain voltages. There was a lot to learn.

Yeah, thats my truck in the way back left corner

Jump this fast enough and you'll clear the two jumps after!


Well I decided to stick with electric for now. If I really get back into this, then I'll look into nitro in the future. Crazy as it sounds, I'm already "thinking" about doing a 1/8 scale buggy. HobbyTown down in Cherry Hills has a huge indoor track and boy is it fun to run them there. I'm still trying to get the hang of jumping and landing, which means lots of front and back flips, cartwheels, and being stranded upside down. This in turn leads to running onto the track to right my truck. If people there are nice enough, they'll run out and do it for you. Gotta remember to return the favor though.

Its nice, they give you electrical outlets all over the place to charge your batteries. 

The truck is a lot faster than the old monster truck that I have. The two can't be compared actually. Better batteries, radios, speed controls, brushless technology, and 4wd to boot make this one fun truck!

Somehow my sister has the jumping part down. I just flip and somersault the truck like crazy.

These shots crack me up with the real cars in the background and my dad watching us abuse this poor truck! Air time! 



MVI 3565 from Misterlime on Vimeo.
Yes, my sister is just that bad of a driver!



MVI 3591 from Misterlime on Vimeo.

She actually cleared the jump many times, with a pretty good jumping distance. Sometimes 10 ft or more I would say.

No comments:

Post a Comment