Sunday, June 5, 2011

Where do you think you're going?

Where oh where could you be taking that sweet Tranquility dirt that we oh so love and enjoy all throughout the week? Heading down Maple at 6pm on Sunday, I was wondering what the hold up was. Oh, tons of dump trucks coming back empty on Maple towards Tranquility. And truck after truck leaving with dirt and rolling down the interstate. DO NOT follow these trucks too closely! They didn't have any nets or tarps over the tops and everytime they would hit a bump on I-80, huge clumps of dirt would fly out of the truck and hit the road! I saw it happen over and over! I followed them as far as the the I80/480 turnoff, so I'm guessing that they are heading down somewhere towards council bluffs to help keep the water from getting higher and higher?

*update. It sounds like they are building up a berm in Bellevue to prevent floodwaters. Short article here at Wowt.
http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/123164218.html

No comments:

Post a Comment