Tuesday, June 14, 2011

MNR

Mosquitoes Never Rest! MNR now has a dual meaning. Ever since hearing that the ticks were out on the trails, I've been spraying my legs, arms and neck as usual with bug spray. Keeps them and the mosquitoes away. Or so I thought. Today at work, my back was itching like crazy. Stupid mosquitoes were biting me through my jersey! Got me at least three times. On your exposed skin you can at least feel them and swat them away or kill them. But when they land on your jersey? Are you kidding me!!!???
 
I used the seatpost mount for the Go Pro in a rearward facing direction for the first time last night 

Last night's Monday Night Ride was a good one. Number of riders decreased slightly. About 10 I would have to say. Most of the ride was spent playing cat and mouse with the crew. I arrived late and decided to play catch up. I rode the north side by the creek first, looking for any recognizable rider. Turns out the crew was on the north north side first. It didn't cross my mind until halfway through and by the trees on Fort Street. I eventually made it over to the newer north side and I talked to Steve and he said the crew had already headed back to the kiosk side. Dang! Eventually I met up with the guys.
Beware of the black bear that roams on the trail with no leash. It was the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw something jump out onto the trail about five feet in front of Dave. Luckily he's got some good brakes, otherwise him and the dog would have been hurting!


Rode some more, made the usual pitstop at Paul's, then made a quick exit out and biked home at dusk to do laundry. Thanks for the good MNR, thanks for the beers (I owe you guys a truckload of beer, and that is an understatement), and thanks to the mosquitoes for making my life miserable!

Last night I decided to play around with the seatpost mount for the Go Pro. I had the camera pointed backwards during the entire ride. The camera was either taking still pics while riding or video. Pretty cool when people are riding behind you. Pretty boring when you are just riding alone and trying to find the crew. But either way, it definitely gives a different point of view!


Seatpost mounted Go Pro - rearward view from DJ Chi Wai on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment