Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011 brings some sweet biking

Happy New Year everyone! I squeezed in the family vacation and some partying to end 2010, managed to get a quick impromptu ride today to start off 2011 with a bang! And what a sweet ride it was!


Today's ride was probably my first singletrack ride in the packed snow. I admit, I saw Strato's ride pics yesterday and was jealous. Just knew that I had to get out there! The 6 inches of snow at Potter's Pasture that Todd and I encountered overnight doesn't really count. The traction at Tranquility was top notch! I went into the ride not knowing how to dress or what to expect in terms of trail conditions. The roads were slushy, so I was afraid that the trail would be the same and we would have to hit pavement. Nope! Trail was packed and frozen! Perfect amount of bite. No wind and the sun was out shining. Just enough to keep us warm!



Todd, Aaron and I got in a lap and a half before calling it quits. Talked to Paul who later made it out and played photographer while his dog played in the snow. And yes, I got the idea of using my goggles from Paul. They work great! Great seeing you guys and to a great 2011!

The rest of these pics are from Paul. Thanks for the photos! 



Aaron on his Surly cross bike, studded tires of course! 

3 comments:

  1. This kind of riding is way better than winter gravel roads. Let's hope the snow keeps coming in small amounts like it has so far. Pete and I had a fun time out there taking pictures of your ride. Climbing those big dirt mounds along the south creek is Pete's new favorite game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ridding on snow pack is a lot of fun. I did find out that you go fast around a corner and ride up the lip, you are going to crash.......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a little worried at first about going up those corners on the South hill by the construction. Now I see why people buy "snowbikes", such as Pugsleys, Mukluks, and FatBikes. Paul, rumored that Mukluk is backordered till March if the store didn't already get some in.

    ReplyDelete