Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A fantastic night for MNR

After a weekend of rain, the sun was a welcome sight. It meant that we would be able to hit up the Monday Night Ride with a little warmer temps and the trail would be dry. I counted at least 15 riders out last night, great turnout. I got in about two full laps and also rode to and from home, allowing me to get in about 16 miles. Excellent...

It's good to see that other people are out using the trail for other reasons than just mountain biking. There were a dozen or so women on the trail last night with dogs and harnesses. Not sure if they were part of a group or club, or what they were doing for that matter. We asked them briefly after passing them and they said they were out for the same reason that we were, to enjoy the trail. Good enough answer for me!

Other trail users were out on the trail. This group was training or just walking their dogs?

Yes, even a skateboarder at TP last night. Weird

After the group took off for home, I decided to ride the south side one more time. Knowing that it is suppose to rain all week, it will probably be my last ride for the week. Might as well get some more pedaling in and I had my Stella ready to go. It's a little scary riding in the dark by yourself on the trail. With a group, it's no big deal. But shapes on the ground started looking like animals and I did a double take a couple of times.


Descending on the South Hill at night on MNR

With nobody waiting around for me as I messed with my camera and light, I decided to try taking video of some night riding. Not very exciting on video, but it is an adrenaline rush to ride at night. Even though the terrain is as familiar as the back of your hand, there is this level of uncertainty as you come over the hill or as you take a corner.

Dave giving his thumbs-up!

Dale making his way through


Welcome to Steve, who is new to mt biking

Dave making his way through the humps



Inner loop descent at night

2 comments:

  1. I feel honored, made the banner photo this week! Nice videos, night riding is like riding a new trail. Whats with the empty Krylon can sound effect?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, what can I say? That photo looks like you are riding in this huge prairie area with lots of speed! Todd was making fun of me on facebook for my new bell (that I like very much), told me to add on the fart can sounding muffler while I was at it. I had never seen anything like that before.

    ReplyDelete