Sunday, September 5, 2010

Calvin Crest revisited

Saturday morning rolled around and the weather was once again perfect. Cody and I decided to show Aaron what he missed out on during last weekend's inaugural ride at Calvin Crest. Aaron liked it! Just like Mikey likes it. We got in two laps this time, legs were still a little wore out from the Taco Ride two nights before. Starting to get to know the trail a little better, like when to slow down and what section is coming up next. As of right now, my two favorite sections are the very beginning and the singletrack right before the tower climb. Both have a lot of speed with very little need for pedaling which is why I like it so much. Little effort with a big payout!

Trail conditions were great! It had rained three days before, so the trail was a perfect tacky for traction. No wet or muddy spots, just great riding conditions throughout. In fact, all three of us made it up the Tower Climb both laps! Once we get more people out there to ride that trail, I can see it getting faster and more fun!

Yes I baked cookies before the ride. Got a problem with that?

 Watch out for the nettles and/or poison ivy. I went ahead of the group on the Tower Climb to get some pictures. Put my bike against a tree off of the trail and my leg rubbed against a plant and it seriously hurt most of the day! OUCH!

Picture of me provided by Cody


Being the leader means lots of spiderwebs in your face

FYI, at the end of next week they are having 3D archery so the trails are closed to mountain bikers. Please check the Calvin Crest schedule before you ride out there.
Cody making it through the fast switchback



My favorite shot. I need to bring out the DSLR next time and hope for better lighting conditions



More from Calvin Crest from DJ Chi Wai on Vimeo.

from Aaron's toy

No comments:

Post a Comment