Monday, July 19, 2010

How to convert an old mt bike to a city slicker

This question was recently asked and answered on the Outside magazine blog. I was reading this and at first, I was like okay, makes sense. Then the gearguy tells him to throw on a XTR set. I was like what? Read on to find out what he said afterwards. Convert me!

Pretty much all I've done with my old HooKooEeKoo was just put on the city tires. Happy with it for now. Gets around great for tacorides, some urban street riding, and if I have friends that want to ride with me, I just let them borrow that with the flats.

1 comment:

  1. I did about the same as you did with my early 90s Schwinn Impact, slapped on a set of $10 take off road tires and free fenders compliments of Stratomatic. Good enough to ride around town and in the winter.

    ReplyDelete