Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Scott Spark RC

I'm all about a remote lockout from the handlebars to lock out the front suspension. Kinda wish my Fuel had it. But whether I need a button to make my seat height adjust while riding, that is another story. I just got the new issue of MBA, reading an ad for a 2010 Scott. Bike weighs in at around 20.93 lbs, complete full suspension bike. Here is the cool thing about it. Has this Twinloc, Scott calls it. Here is how it works. Both front and rear shock are active for full suspension in the first setting. When you click a lever on the handlebars, the rear shock automatically locks out. Then you just have an active front suspension.

Click the lever once more and it locks out both front and rear suspension, becoming a hardtail like/rigid fork bike. How crazy is that? No more taking your eyes off of the trail and reaching down to flip the switch on the rear shock. I could see this being more and more prominent in fullys in coming years. I'm sure Scott has the patents to it, but we'll probably see other variants popping up in years to come.

2 comments:

  1. It's amazing what $8k or so buys you - under 21 lbs full suspension! I wonder about durability but those buyers probably get a new one each year anyway.

    I think Trek had one switch to lock front/back for rigid but not hardtail setup.

    Can you set it to lock the fork only and not the shock? There are times on a standing climb that a suspended rear wheel would track better over square edges that I can just lift the front over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point Dale. There you go, full suspensions new big idea! Make millions! I could see separate switches locking out either front or rear in the future.

    ReplyDelete