Sunday, March 28, 2010

Finally A Beautiful Weekend to Ride!!!

Trail conditions were great at Jewell despite this weekend's rain

I admit it! I was dreading today's ride at Jewell Park in Bellevue.  Last year's rides at Jewell were full of sucking air in 100 degree temps with 70 percent humidity, not good experiences. And that was after a full season of biking! Well today went much better than I could have ever imagined. Jewell was a good workout, being both physically and mentally challenging for all of us. Dave and possibly Dale plan to do time trials there next weekend, so this was a good day of familiarizing themselves a little more with the course. I might skip out and work on some race photography. We'll see.

Only one man down during today's ride, looked pretty painful by the way he laid on the trail for a good five minutes. Fallen rider I'm saving you from embarassment by not saying your name. Out today were Cory, Dave N, Paul, Dale, and myself. Thanks for the great ride guys, can't wait for the rides this year!


Dave was sporting the new Bike Masters threads. Looking good man!






Paul taking a quick breather after a big climb

Link to the trail, tracked by Dave's phone

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking the photos, today was a lot of fun. Can't wait until Wed nite for the final practice ride and Sat for the TT, feel much better about the race with a few laps under my belt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos Mike. The first time I rode under that horizontal tree I scraped my backpack on it. When I was unloading at home I was confused why the safety light on my backpack was blinking. I never turned it on. After looking at your photos the mystery was solved. The tree turned it on. Good times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate your discretion, Mike, but I'm not easily embarassed.

    Standing on the pedals getting speed for a climb, my pedal struck a root, the bike stopped, my testicle slammed the stem and I endo to the ground.

    Worst slam I've had there. Little pain after the 5 mins but when I got back home, the swelling looked like a third testicle. Went to the ER just in case. Ultrasound showed blood flowing where it should, just a bad bruise.

    I will be putting padding around my stem, regardless of how it looks.

    ReplyDelete