Monday, March 22, 2010

ESPN's Tony Kornheiser apologizes for boneheaded remark, gets to ride with Lance Armstrong

I hate riding on the street. Even crossing at a signal on my bike makes me feel unsafe. There a few times that I have been cut off by turning cars when I clearly had the walk signal. I just look at the driver and they look back at me, not even with a wave of apology.

That being said, this article I came across tells about how ESPN announcer Tony Kornheiser said, "I swear to you, it's all you can do to not run them down, like Wile E. Coyote, just run them over..."  The cycling community was in an outrage, and Armstrong tweeted about the remark. Kornheiser then went on to say how he was just joking, gave an apology with Lance on the show, then was invited to ride. Crazy publicity stunt? Or just another dumb, hateful comment by Kornheiser?

You can listen to the Lance/Kornheiser interview here.

No comments:

Post a Comment