Monday, October 21, 2013

Jones Loop bar and some new tires!

Let me clear that up right away. I want these things. I haven't bought them yet. The leaves are falling and I need some new shoes for my bike. Anybody have about $420 (to be exact) laying around? I would like to order some new fatbike tires (120 tpi of course) and a Jones H-bar Loop handlebar. I originally wanted the H bar cut handlebar but come to find out that it requires thumbshifters that are above the bar. Silly. The question is, will the new handlebars fit in my Jeep or will they punch through my rear glass when the bike is standing up. Hmm... Darn...looks like they've stopped making the Titec H bar knockoff of the JJ counterpart.

Day late and a dollar short! Everyone have a great week!

*spent some time reading up on fat bike tires. Dillinger (studded), Escalator, Nate, Larry, Husker Du, Knard, and Devist8er, Those are my options. That's it.. Surly discontinued the Endomorph which I personally thought was a great tire. Like Big Mike and I discussed, it was like an angled paddle wheel. Great for getting through the snow and dirt. The problem is that these tires are hella expensive. I'm looking to get some new wheels and tires on the Jeep and a fat bike tire that might last me two years is as much as a Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac? Are you kidding me? I guess you have to pay to play....

Hmm...what if I threw on some cheapo tires for now on the bike? Enough to get me through the fall and winter riding before I drop 4x the amount on a good set of tires. Something like these?


http://www.jensonusa.com/Bicycle-Tires/Vee-Rubber-Mission-26-Fat-Bike-Tire

No comments:

Post a Comment