Thursday, August 2, 2012

A big thanks



Just wanted to say thank you to everybody who voted for my pictures on the Omaha Parks and Rec Facebook page. I ended up winning in two out of four categories: favorite trail photo and favorite lake photo. Thank you to Dale for telling me about this contest. Funny thing is that I was leaving for my parents' in MI super early. I had woken up at 4am (went to bed at 12:30am) to finish packing and was ready to go out the door at 5:30am. All of a sudden I remembered this contest and photos needed to be turned in that weekend. Problem is that my computer would be 660 miles away. I ended up spending an hour quickly finding some pics and emailing them, without much thought or work done to them. Was a little upset that I was now an hour late on my drive out to meet relatives in MI. But now it was all worth it!



What did I win? I have no clue. They are holding a dinner/reception for all participants with the mayor. Prizes will be awarded. Being game and parks, maybe something outdoorsy? Fishing equipment? Camping gear? BIKE? haha. Dream big...dream big. Can you tell its the first time I've ever won anything like this for my photography? I did sell a picture to Creighton for $120 back when I was a student. That was about it!

Link below to their page. Thanks again everyone!

https://www.facebook.com/OmahaPRPP

No comments:

Post a Comment