Tuesday, March 22, 2011

First trailday of the year

Boy did we get a lot accomplished! I just so happen to check my Facebook at 2am early Sunday morning. Posting by Dale about a trailday at Tranquility that same day. Sure why not!?

The weather was nice and there was lots to be done. We had two groups working. One working with the sod cutter to put in the new trail section at Tranquility north of Fort Street and the other group would be cutting trees on the west side of there. I chose to help with the sod because I thought that would be more fun and possibly easier. Boy was I wrong. At first it was no problem. After a few hundred yards, you could feel it in your obliques. Try raking two inch slabs of mud, dirt and grass two feet off of the trail. It wears on you! But the few hours of work were well worth it! We got a chance to ride it tonight at MNR...man that sod cutter works great!
Eric was cutting the sod, while both Daves, Todd, Dale, and myself cleared the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment