Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Finally a warm MNR!


This might be my first MNR of the year? Sorry Dale, it's been too cold for me and work has been nuts. Anyway, with yesterday's trailday done at Tranquility, I couldn't wait to try out the new stuff. It's still a work in progress, especially west of the wetlands area and in the standing water section. But it is nice. Still a little bumpy in some areas just because the dirt isn't packed down, but it is pretty fun. Going from the bridge, to the turnaround before the wetlands, and back to the bridge is about a one mile loop. I did this mini loop a couple of times and it is pretty fun! You can easily pedal through it pretty fast making for a consistent cardio workout.

Dale was leading the pack, with Eric the sod cutter right behind 


 Brian coming up. Yes Paul and I both taking pics is probably overkill, but there can never be enough paparazzi!


 Never enough Mikes on the trail


 Glad to see that Chris is out on the saddle
 Dave N!

I of course, fell down right away when I met up with Paul by the creek of the new section. My lower back is actually killing me now even though I landed on my shoulder. But the ride must go on!

Wiping out in the new section at Tranquility. MNR from DJ Chi Wai on Vimeo.


Shortly after, the regular MNR crew showed up and Paul and I joined them. Made our way west to the pine trees and houses. Wow, so many yapping dogs. That will be annoying.
One of my favorite pics to take while on a group ride. To see the riders all grouped in an arc along the trail. Watch out for those ruts, they'll get you. Just ask Susan.

 Waiting our turn



It was good to see that many people out on the MNR. Paul was guessing around 14 showed up? Not too shabby. I called it quts early, skipping the old sections and I headed home to do some laundry and cleaning. Definitely not as fun...
The dips look more intimidating than what they really are. 
 Chris going through

 Paul

Mike was just a blur through that dip

Dave was having so much fun he decided to run it twice!

 Heading back to the bridge


1 comment:

  1. Great write up, photos & videos Mike, thanks for documenting. That new section is a lot more fun than we thought it would be, will only get better as it gets ridden in.

    ReplyDelete