Monday, May 17, 2010

Twas a great MNR at Tranquility!



Seventy degrees, sunny, trail dry, let's ride! MNR was in full force tonight, about 14 riders were out tonight at Tranquility. The Bike Masters group started off with a team picture at the store parking lot, then met Todd and I at the trailhead. We did two laps before heading to Paul's for some hot dogs and beers. Thanks Paul and thanks guys for a great ride tonight.



Also met up with Aaron S. who just moved from Minnesota. I recognized him and his Trek 69er from the Big Wheeled Ballyhoo last October at Potter's Pasture. Him and his buddy were parked right next to us at the campground area. Welcome to Omaha Aaron, and congrats on the marriage!
 
 Thanks Paul for the grillout afterwards!

 
We had a slight traffic jam after the South Hill Climb. A few kids were attempting to ride over the humps area. We cheered them on once they made it over.  

4 comments:

  1. Great pictures Mike. The neighborhood kids were having a blast on their BMX bikes at the top of the South Hill. That took me back. I guess us "older" kids were having a blast too. Finally a dry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, someone left their size 45 MTB shoes by my truck last night. I wonder if those are Aaron's?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Paul, I'll text him and ask. But I'm pretty sure I remember him getting out of his car with flip flops on. If you happen to be off of work, it sounds like Todd and I will be hitting Platte Thursday afternoon around 5pm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Used my shoes today! Good guess on the freakishly large shoe, but they aren't mine. Catch you next Monday if not sooner.

    ReplyDelete