Sunday, February 20, 2011

SB ride

That stands for Standing Bear ride on the Steel Bike. After a long night of partying at Loom at Nomad Lounge last night (I'm talking get to bed at 5am), I decided to skip the ride to Zorinsky with the gang. Didn't think my body could take the abuse. After watching two episodes of Sons of Guns on Discovery, I checked the weather and found out how crappy the weather will be this week. I better get off the comfy couch and do some riding.

Got out around 3:30 and realized that the temps had dropped about 13 degrees since noon. It was no longer 50 degrees out. Yikes! Twice I had to run back inside and put more layers on. There was a strong wind blowing from the north, I felt sorry for Paul and gang on the Papio! And yes Dave N, you are correct. People walking their dogs at Standing Bear need to clean up after their dogs! Piles of dog mess everywhere!

1 comment:

  1. Good job not allowing the couch to get the best of you. We left Bike Masters at about 2PM. By the time we got to Bakers the wind came up out of the west. The temp dropped 10 degrees in minutes. We pressed on to Lake Z. Colder ride than expected but still good. We dodged poo on the West Papio too.

    ReplyDelete