Sunday, October 25, 2009

My First Wedding Shoot


Friends are asking how my first time photographing a wedding went. I felt like I was cramming for a test. Read the books for months, looked up images online for direction, even took notes an hour before it was time to click the shutter. My biggest fear was using my flash during the ceremony. I know you aren't suppose to, but the lighting was terrible and the tungsten lights were killing the shot (which is why you shoot in RAW format if possible). Next thing I know, it looked like the paparrazi was covering the wedding. Flashes going off from everyone's cameras. Problem solved, flash A okay.

Six hours later, 819 pictures were taken and my hand was cramping up. I didn't realize that my hand would still be sore a day later from holding the camera. Experimented a little with ISO, aperture priority, and different flash techniques. Overall, I think the photos turned out pretty decent. Amateur photographer shooting a wedding for free? I think my supervisor lucked out on this one! Congrats Jeff and Michelle!

No comments:

Post a Comment